By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional messages from Luxury and Expedition Cruises (trading name of Tailor-Made Journeys Pty Ltd).
Open to Australian residents (only) over the age of 18 who are in an appropriate physical condition to potentially take the prize. Only one entry is allowed per person.
This is a game of skill and the winner will be judged by the quality of their answer to the question ‘Tell us in 25 words or less which destination you would most like to explore on a luxury-expedition cruise and why?’
Competition commences 14/11/2019 at 5.00am. Competition closes 08/01/2020 at 4.00pm.
Winner announced 10/1/2020 at 10.00am at the Promoter’s Premises.
The total prize pool valued at up to AU$19,112.
Winner notified by 09/01/2020.
Win a 13 day British Isles Cruise for Two on-board the luxury-expedition ship Sea Spirit.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18, as of the date of entry, who are in an appropriate physical condition to potentially take the prize and who has fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is Tailor-Made Journeys Pty Ltd trading as Luxury and Expedition Cruises.
How to enter
- To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below) complete the entry form online at www.luxuryandexpeditioncruises.com.au/win.
- By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
- Entries must include all requested contact details, including a valid email address, to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
- One Primary Entry per person.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The competition commences on at 5AM Thursday 14 November 2019 and closes at 4:00 PM Wednesday 8 January 2020 (‘Promotional Period’).
All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The winner will be deemed to be the best answer as to the question as judged by Tailor-made Journeys Pty ltd.
- The winner will be notified by email within two business days of the draw.
- Prize confirmations will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
Prize on offer
- The total prize pool is valued at up to AU$19,112 (Including GST), as at 30/10/2019.
The prize on offer is:
A trip for the winner and One (1) companion (who must also be in an appropriate physical condition to potentially take the prize) on the 13 days British Isles cruise on-board the Sea Spirit, including:
British Isles Cruise 8 May 2020 departure – for a total of 12 (13 days) nights in a Main Deck Suite (sharing one cabin), including meals on board, valued at AU$19,112
Winner(s) must have a valid passport (for 6 months from date of departure from Australia)
This prize is strictly non-endorsable, not redeemable for cash and non-transferable
Flights are not included (prize is cruise only)
The winner will need to make their own way to the start point of the voyage Plymouth, England.
There is no spending money included in the prize.
Meals that are not included in the voyage itinerary, laundry, and all other items of a personal nature are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
It is the prize-winners responsibility to obtain any necessary flights to the start and end point of the voyage (Starting Plymouth, England – Ending Edinburgh, Scotland), any necessary additional accommodation, transfers and visas.
Changes to the itinerary can only be made with agreement of the Promoter and Sea Spirit operator.
- The winner must contact Luxury and Expedition Cruises to finalise and confirm they are fit to travel including medical and travel requirements before. Prize must be taken by 8 May 2020.
- In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling or after the prize has been awarded. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
- Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companions. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. The Promoter and carrier make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.smartraveller.gov.au. Prizes for travel for a particular event or attraction must be taken to coincide with the event or the times and dates during which the attraction is available. Travel insurance is not included in the prize appropriate insurance cover must be in place prior to travel and valid for the duration of the voyage.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. 20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, other than as a result of an ‘act of god’ the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes information will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry.
Privacy Collection statement
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.